Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many local not-for-profit organisations as possible to join the good causes Rugby Lotto, established by Rugby Borough Council. The good news is that there is no joining fee – but we do need to be satisfied that your organisation meets the following requirements.
Who can apply to be a good cause with Rugby Lotto?
- Community/voluntary organisations
- Arts groups who engage communities in creative activities
- Sports organisations (officially recognised by Sport England or by a national disability sports organisation)
- Parish councils (within the borough of Rugby)
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Charitable organisations
- Faith organisations
- Parent / Friend Associations of schools and academies may apply where properly constituted independently from the school.
Who cannot apply to be a good cause with Rugby Lotto?
- Schools and academies
- Statutory or profit-making organisations (with the exception of parish councils within the borough of Rugby)
- Political organisations
To be eligible to apply to be a good cause you must:
- Agree to spend proceeds from the Rugby Lotto on activities or services that benefit the residents of Rugby
- Not use funds raised via the lottery to promote or provide political or religious activities
- Have established governance arrangements, set out in a formal/signed constitution; or standing orders; or a Memorandum of Association
- Have a bank account in the organisation’s name
- Have ongoing adequate insurance cover for the activities of the organisation, including a minimum of £5m of public and products liability insurance
- Adhere to equalities principles with a policy or statement in place
- Have a safeguarding policy and procedures for children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
- Have a Health and Safety Policy
- Provide proof of data protection registration, where appropriate
- Comply with the Data Protection (Charges and Information) Regulations 2018
- Inform Rugby Borough Council immediately if the organisation/group intends to disband, changes its aims, legal status or any issue(s) that may affect its eligibility for the scheme
The council reserves the right to:
- Reject any application to apply as a good cause for any reason.
- Carry out any checks to ensure that the required governance, policies and insurances are in place at application stage and at any time whilst the organisation is registered as a good cause
- Not accept, or cease to license, any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason. However, if fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Rugby Lotto website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Rugby Lotto - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.